About Michael Breed
Michael Breed is one of the most dynamic, engaging and entertaining teachers in the game. He is the host of “Course Record with Michael Breed” on CBS Sports Network, which airs Monday mornings at 11:00 EST. Michael also hosts A New Breed of Golf on Sirius XM PGA Tour Radio weekday mornings from 8-10 AM EST, and the digital series A New Breed of Golf, available on Facebook Watch and YouTube.
Michael has led the way in digital golf instruction, and previously hosted the highest rated golf instruction series for Golf Channel, The Golf Fix. Michael is also a member of the PGA of America and contributes to their digital broadcast of the PGA Championship and Ryder Cup. He further serves as the Chief Digital Instructor for Golf Digest, focused on innovating golf instruction and overseeing the “Best Young Teachers” program.
Golf Digest has ranked him as the top instructor in New York State for over 6 years, and a Top 50 Instructor in America. Golf Magazine ranks Michael in the Top 100 Instructors in America, and the PGA of America named him the National Teacher of the Year in 2012. The Metropolitan PGA Section has recognized Michael for a number of awards, including Teacher of the Year in 2000 and 2009, the only two-time winner of the award. He won the Horton Smith award in 2006, 2007, and 2017 and the Ely Callaway award in 2010, 2011, 2012,2013 and 2014.
Michael and his wife have two children, and live in Connecticut.
- 2012 PGA National Teacher of the Year
- Former host of the hit TV Show “The Golf Fix” on the Golf Channel
- In September of 2011, his second instructional book The 3-Degree Putting Solution was released through Penguin Group.
- Voted into the Top 50 Instructors in America by Golf Digest ranking 23rd on this exclusive list in 2011.
- Number 2 teacher in the state of New York as ranked by GOLF DIGEST in 2011
- 2009 Metropolitan PGA Teacher of the Year
- In May of 2008, his first instructional book “The Picture-Perfect Golf Swing” was released
- 2006 and 2007 Metropolitan PGA Horton Smith Award Winner
- Randolph-Macon College Hall of Fame Class of 2004
- GOLF MAGAZINE Top 100 Instructor since 2003
- Head Professional at Birchwood Country Club from 1996 – 2001
- 2000 Metropolitan PGA Teacher of the Year
- Worked as an Assistant to Darrell Kestner at Deepdale Golf Club from 1992 – 1995
- Played in the 1994 Greater Hartford Open on the PGA Tour
- Assistant Golf Professional at Augusta National Golf Club from 1990 – 1992
- Played a number of events on the Ben Hogan Tour (now WEB.com Tour) in 1991
- Graduated from Randolph-Macon College in Ashland, Virginia in 1985
Michael has worked with over 30 touring professionals and nearly 100 PGA professionals. His players have won on the PGA Tour, Web.com Tour (formerly the Nationwide Tour), LPGA and mini tours.
What's in the Bag
The clubs that I am using for this season are all made by Titleist. I have had the good fortune to be affiliated with Titleist for over 20 years now. This set of irons that I am playing is, in my opinion, the best set that Titleist has ever made. Both the AP2 and the AP3 irons are very good looking as well as very user friendly. The feel of the clubs is exactly what you would expect from the number one company in the game. As well, the off-center hits are very productive and allow for players of all skill levels to play a Titleist iron!!
Driver - Titleist TS2 10.5 degree loft with ZGrip Cord GolfPride Grip
3 Wood - Titleist TS2 15 degree loft with ZGrip Cord GolfPride Grips
Hybrid - Titleist 818 H1 19 degree loft
3/4 irons - Titleist AP3 718 with S300 AMT Black True Temper Shafts and ZGrip Cord GolfPride Grips
5-9 irons - Titleist AP2 716 with S300 AMT Black True Temper Shafts and ZGrip Cord GolfPride Grips
Wedges - 46 Degree 10 Degree Bounce Vokey Wedge SM8 F Grind
54 Degree bent to 53 | 10 Degree bounce Vokey Wedge SM8 S Grind
60 Degree bent to 58 | 14 Degree Bounce Vokey Wedge SM8 K Grind
Putter - Scotty Cameron Special Select Del Mar 34”, 2* Loft with Tour SNSR Contour 104cc
Golf Ball - Titleist ProV1 X