About Michael Breed
For over 30 years this great game of golf has played a starring role in Michael’s personal and professional life. One of Michael’s most recent endeavors includes opening the Michael Breed Golf Academy at Trump Golf Links at Ferry Point. Michael received the highest honor of his career when he was chosen as the PGA’s National Teacher of the Year 2012. It is an award that he holds close to his heart and is very proud to be a PGA Professional for over 20 years now. In 2003, he was selected as a Top 100 Instructor in America by GOLF Magazine. In 2011, Michael was voted into the Top 50 Instructors in America by Golf Digest, now ranking 13th on this exclusive list, and #1 in the state of New York.
Formerly, Michael was the Head Golf Professional at Sunningdale Country Club for 12 years from 2001 – 2012. His experience includes five years as the Head Golf Professional at Birchwood Country Club and Assistant Professional positions at Deepdale Golf Club and Augusta National Golf Club.
In 2008, Michael became the host for The Golf Fix on Golf Channel. It originally aired only in the United States. However, now in its ninth season, The Golf Fix is one of the most popular original broadcasts for Golf Channel and can be seen in over 80 countries. Michael also hosts A New Breed of Golf on SiriusXM PGA Tour Radio where he covers the latest headlines around golf and offers listeners swing tips.
Michael hosted The Big Break Academy on Golf Channel and continues to be a part of Golf Channel’s coverage of the Nationwide Tour and PGA Tour serving as an on course commentator, which he has done since 1999. In addition to covering golf for Golf Channel, Michael serves as the Analyst for PGA.com in its coverage of the PGA Championship, PGA Professional National Championship, and The Ryder Cup.
In addition to all of this, Michael has worked with over 30 PGA Tour, LPGA Tour, Nationwide Tour and Senior Tour players. He serves on several boards for the Metropolitan PGA and has for over 10 years. He has represented the PGA of America at the National Golf Day in Washington D.C. for the past three years. He is also very involved in charities such as the Folds of Honor, Hope for the Warriors, Wounded Warriors Foundation and Salute Military Golf Association.
- 2012 PGA National Teacher of the Year
- Director of Instruction at the Michael Breed Golf Academy at Trump Golf Links at Ferry Point
- Host of the hit TV Show “The Golf Fix” on the Golf Channel (Live on Mondays at 8 p.m. ET) now in its 7th season
- In September of 2011, his second instructional book The 3-Degree Putting Solution was released through Penguin Group.
- Voted into the Top 50 Instructors in America by Golf Digest ranking 23rd on this exclusive list in 2011.
- Number 2 teacher in the state of New York as ranked by GOLF DIGEST in 2011
- 2009 Metropolitan PGA Teacher of the Year
- In May of 2008, his first instructional book “The Picture-Perfect Golf Swing” was released
- 2006 and 2007 Metropolitan PGA Horton Smith Award Winner
- Randolph-Macon College Hall of Fame Class of 2004
- GOLF MAGAZINE Top 100 Instructor since 2003
- Head Professional at Birchwood Country Club from 1996 – 2001
- 2000 Metropolitan PGA Teacher of the Year
- Worked as an Assistant to Darrell Kestner at Deepdale Golf Club from 1992 – 1995
- Played in the 1994 Greater Hartford Open on the PGA Tour
- Assistant Golf Professional at Augusta National Golf Club from 1990 – 1992
- Played a number of events on the Ben Hogan Tour (now WEB.com Tour) in 1991
- Graduated from Randolph-Macon College in Ashland, Virginia in 1985
Michael has worked with over 30 touring professionals and nearly 100 PGA professionals. His players have won on the PGA Tour, Web.com Tour (formerly the Nationwide Tour), LPGA and mini tours.
Look Inside Michael's Bag
The clubs that I am using for this season are all made by Titleist. I have had the good fortune to be affiliated with Titleist for almost thirteen years now. This set of irons that I am playing is, in my opinion, the best set that Titleist has ever made. Both the AP1 and the AP2 irons are very good looking as well as very user friendly. The feel of the clubs is exactly what you would expect from the number one company in the game. As well, the off-center hits are very productive and allow for players of all skill levels to play a Titleist iron!!
Titleist 91F D2 15 degree loft with a Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 7.2 Tour Spec S
Titleist 915H 18 degree loft set at 19 degrees with a Fujikura Rombax 8D07HB Stiff Flex
Titleist AP1 716 3-4-Irons with a KBS Tour Series Stiff Flex shaft
46 Degree Vokey Wedge SM6 F Grind
54 Degree Voeky Wedge SM6 S Grind
58 Degree Voeky Wedge SM6 K Grind